Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The Blue Crate

                                                                     The Blue Crate
                                                              
A Small Tale of Small Ideas

When I was very small, my Mama bought me a set of plastic farm animals, the kind that come in a little plastic bag from the store peg that used to say 99 cents. Mine had a truck inside that hauled a hollow blue block in the design of a wooden crate. I made many imaginary deliveries to and from the farm. That world I was in stayed pretty small, until Mama made one suggestion. She asked me if I would like to really haul things inside the crate! I watched her use her best kitchen knife to cut a flap in the blue block. Anything the right size could then be fit inside. In the magic of that moment, I learned that what we imagine can become real with the right thinking. That imaginary world grew to include the thinking that anything that could be fit together could be made to work. I've carried the little blue crate with me in my mind, throughout life. What's in your little blue crate?

No comments:

Post a Comment